The Bill of Lefts
Return to the Lefties Page
Lefthanders International, the
organization responsible for
formulating the "Bill of Lefts," was organized to "protect the needs
and interests of left-handers everywhere."
- Article 1:
- All persons shall be guaranteed the freedom to practice and
enjoy their hand preference without influence from parents, teachers or
- Article 2:
- "All persons shall have the privilege of diminishing the use
of the word 'right' to mean 'correct,' by substituting 'OK,' 'true,' or
- Article 3:
- "Left-handers shall be entitled to offer their dominant hand
in a handshake, salute or oath."
- Article 4:
- "All left-handed persons shall be entitled to make their
product needs known to manufacturers and retailers."
- Article 5:
- Manufacturers shall have the freedom to market Lefthanded
products in quantity and at competitive prices; this freedom is
guaranteed by the ever increasing demand of the Lefthanded population.
- Article 6:
- There shall be no discrimination against Lefthanders in any
field of employment or endeavour.
- Article 7:
- "All left-handed persons shall enjoy the freedom,
encouragement and instruction to develop their talents and skills to
- Article 8:
- "Left-handers shall have the freedom to refrain from
apologizing for their handedness in social situations."
- Article 9:
- "All persons shall be entitled to actively discourage the use
the word "left" in a negative connotation; no more leftovers, left out,
or lefthanded compliments."
- Article 10:
- "From this day forth, August 13 of each year shall be
International Lefthanders Day, championing the freedoms, worth and
dignity of Lefthandedness throughout the world."